Tuesday, June 22, 2010

my current seasonal collection of crowns found it's way to the ark on 4th street in berkeley today. such a wonderful feeling of having a creative outlet in which to let all my skills collide. but home feels empty upon return without them . my crowns are like little cheerleaders egging me on to study harder and try new things and when they leave....it is a mixture of relief and boredom and aggitation that feels so unsettling at my center.

repurposed wool sweater flowers, dyed cultured pearls, vintage fabrics, hand dyed textiles, needle felted birds and mushrooms, handmade copper and bronze charms and buttons, beaded dangly things, 40 angora pom poms, plantable paper...all found their way into this summer's collection of 66 pieces. While unsettled at my center i am feeling also so grateful for the opportunity to share my creative work in this way for the last 10 years. 1905 crowns and counting : )

No comments:

Post a Comment