Saturday, January 9, 2010

i am beginning what i call "intention tags" for my Spring Collection (a signed tag used to explain my intentions for the creative work that i do). as i was cutting and clipping and punching and stamping and sticking the details of my intentions last night, my son was preparing a dinner of mac and cheese for our family from his new cookbook (Mollie Katzen's "Get Cooking") and my daughter was laying out and cutting a Simplicity pattern for a swimsuit cover-up. warm excited feelings erupted as i was remembering my fond adolescent memories of cooking through Mollie Katzen's "Enchanted Broccoli Forest" and using my first sewing pattern, a Simplicity pattern for a wrap skirt. it felt so dreamlike and lucky to be sitting observing that parallel life happening in my children, like life coming full circle.

savoring their embrace of domestic creativities and competences. encouraging to my "too often" insecurities of slowly, patiently being and seeing with my children through our chosen path of "learning at home". reading, math, science and history all rolled nicely into life skills and the fine art of domestic arts and crafts. home economics is blooming well here in the world of miss t and it's a magical life: )

No comments:

Post a Comment