Thursday, December 12, 2013

today

 today the high fire glaze test pieces were taken from the kiln giving me more to ponder in my glazing directions for my high fire clays.  2060 degrees seems to be as high as my tiny kiln will go these days.  broken element or something else?  wanting to get back to my porcelain capabilities but for the moment i feel satisfied.  such a blessing is my kiln capabilities.  i will adapt to whatever will be.
soap for our winter storage is drying/curing and almost ready for use.  i decorated it's top this time with these beautiful dried calendula flowers.  orange and yellow blooms seem happy and warm for the winter ahead.

i am cleaning my messy doll's house.  putting away the layers of collected ingredients that don't match the season.  so many layers of tiny collected things from travels and so many years.  
it had to move locations too, to make room for the christmas tree, and now the doll house living room windows look out into the fish tank next door...an aquarium view:)   the dolls are in wonder over the large gold fish swimming about out the windows..almost as though the house has sunken under water.  i love imagining their wonder and pretending it is my view.

No comments:

Post a Comment